How and what data do we collect?
Here are how we collect data and what data we collect:
- When you visit or use our site, we collect the following data from you (referred to as “visitor data”):
- IP address
- Geographic location
- User-agent or browser
- Operating system
- Internet Service Provider
- Timestamp and visit duration
- Referring and exit URL
- Referring search term
- Page view and event
- When you leave a comment on our site, we collect the following data from you:
- Email address
- Photo (if you connect your email to Gravatar)
- Your site URL (if you provide it via the comment form)
- Comment content
- IP address
- MD5 hash of your email address
- Comment timestamp
- When you send us a message using our contact form, we collect the following data from you:
- Email address
- IP address
- Message content
- Message timestamp
- When you sign up to our mailing lists, either through a form on our website or on other websites, we collect the following data from you:
- Email address
- Subscription timestamp
- When you leave a comment on our site, we may store your name, email address, and site URL (if provided) in cookies. We do this so you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
The cookies we use consist of session cookies and persistent cookies. Because we use various third-party services, tools, content, and advertising/affiliate networks, we also use a mix of first-party and third-party cookies.
You can remove cookies or set your browser not to accept cookies. You can usually find the instruction to do that on your browser’s site. However, if you do not accept cookies, some of our site features will not work for you.
Who we share your data with?
We highly respect your privacy. We will not share your data with any third parties, except in the following limited cases:
- If we are required by law to do so. For example, via a court order.
- We use various third-party services and tools to run our site. They collect and process data using cookies or other means on our behalf. They include:
- Contabo. We use Contabo as our web host.
- Bunny. We use Bunny CDN to improve the performance of our website.
- Akismet. We use Akismet to protect our commenting system, contact form, and email sharing button from spam.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics as our main analytics service. Here is how Google Analytics collects and processes data.
- Moosend. We use Moosend to manage our mailing lists.
How we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Make our site function properly. Some parts of our site need your data to function properly.
- Make our site easier for you to use. By knowing your device, browser, and operating system, we can make our site design more compatible with your technology.
- Provide content, suggest products or services, and serve ads that are relevant to your interest. By knowing your referring and exit URL, search term, how you move around and interact with our site, we can understand and therefore serve your interest better.
- Communicate better with you. By collecting your name and email address when you leave a comment, send us a message through our contact form, or sign up to our mailing list, we can communicate better with you.
- Track our earnings from advertising/affiliate networks. We use various advertising/affiliate networks to monetize our site.
How long we retain your data?
Different types of data have different retention periods:
- The visitor data collected by Hostinger on our behalf are retained indefinitely.
- The visitor data collected by Bunny on our behalf are retained for 3 days.
- Regarding the visitor data collected by Google Analytics on our behalf, we keep user-level and event-level data associated with cookies, user identifiers, and advertising identifiers, for 26 months. After that, they will be deleted. However, the other data are retained indefinitely.
- The data collected through our commenting system and contact form, and are stored in our WordPress database, such as name, email address, your site URL (if available), IP address, comment/message content, comment/message timestamp, are retained indefinitely.
- The retention period of the data collected through our commenting system and sent to Akismet, is governed by the Automattic Privacy Notice.
- The data collected through our mailing list subscription are retained indefinitely unless you remove them yourself by unsubscribing from our mailing list.
We will do our best to prevent security breaches and keep your data safe. If a breach occurs, we will notify you without undue delay and take the necessary measures to mitigate its effects.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access. You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request us to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request us to erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request us to transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request and exercise any of these rights, please contact us via our contact form or by email at info(at)badassbodyproject.com.